Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grace, the escape artist!

After having many cats over the years who were allowed indoor/outdoor privileges, and having dealt with all the v-e-t trips and bills because of fights, abscesses, illnesses, etc., I believe that having indoor-only kittehs keeps them healthier.

Well, Gracie doesn't want to cooperate. My beautiful little (very round!) girl likes to escape the house during the fleeting time the garage door is up while I'm backing out the car. So I've changed my routine (closing the door to the laundry room and the garage and then backing the car out), but she still manages to slip out at times. She's very sneaky! (We should have named HER "Ruse"!!)





So ... off to the v-e-t we go this morning. She needs all her shots updated.

For some reason, Audace and Ruse have never attempted to go outdoors. That's probably because they don't remember their first four days of life before Auntie Deb and Mommy ML rescued them all from the evil Houston pound!! Grace remembers, though, so it's a battle of wills between us!

I will win!! ♥

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mumma Jan sez--

You need to remember the First Law--Never try to out-stubborn a cat!!

I agree with you, though. Over the years we have had indoor-outdoor cats. When Meepsie joined us, I decided that she was going to start our indoor only tribe. Because Flumpy went out, she always thought she ought to be able to go out. Now she and Smokey are both indoor only, and life is much simpler.

We have taught them(with treats) to come when they are called in from the garage. So far, so good!

Good luck--Meepsie, Smokey and Mumma Jan

Marilynn said...

Gracie is 14.4# (my round little girl!!) and very healthy. She is allset on her shots for the rest of the year, and one of these days, I'll find the money to get her teeth cleaned.

Boys are next!!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Grace has certainly filled out since I last saw her, poor thing was skin and bones.
She probably does remember being outside. You'll have to watch her, I'm sure she is smart and sneaky.
ML

Anonymous said...

Wow, pretty girl, you've got a tummy like Grr! Don't go outside though, please. It's dangerous out there. Out of Grr, Midnight & Cocoa (all outside the first two months of their lives), the only one who even wants to poke her head out the door is Midnight. Max (outside kitty for the majority of 6 years) doesn't even want to look outside or go near a door. Rascal & Riley know nothing of outside, but Riley wants desperately to get out there and explore. She'd be just as sneaky as Grace, if there were a chance.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Ok Lady....you "think" you will win. But we cats possess superior intellects and we just like to let you think you will win. Grace is toying with you.
Just a little "heads up" so you know how the world really works.
-SS&S

Marilynn said...

S,S,&S -- hehehe!

I'm sure she is, but I have to take the "I will win" stance, don't I? Or she'll bury me because she's so cute!!

=)

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi my Sweet Grace! Please don't go outside! I just can't believe how you have filled out! I remember feeding you up to ten cans of food a day when I had you! I love you so much!!!!

Kisses,

Auntie Deb

Lionel the Cat said...

It is fun to escape to the outside. It is especially funny to watch your humans try and get you in again. What a fun game! I have 14 years of playing this game. Grace, you are just a newbee at the game of escape! Contact me for exciting varieties/variations of the game!

Lionel